Create a proposal
Learn what a proposal is and how to create one.
Proposal is the key element of the voting system. It presents a change suggestion related to a specific organization and enables eligible users to cast their vote.
- 1.Head to the space which you wish to create your proposal for.
- 2.Connect with the wallet provider - make sure the connected wallet is where you hold the tokens relevant to the specific space.
New proposalin space sidebar:
- 4.Fill in the following fields: - Title - Description (optional, 20K character limit) - Discussion link (optional)
- 5.Select the desired voting system, specify the possible vote options, and define the duration of your proposal. Make sure you allow enough time for users to vote.
Publish- and that's it! You can see your proposal in the proposals list on the space page.
When you create a proposal by default the snapshot block number will be populated with the latest block synced from our node.
The voting power of each user will be calculated for the state of the blockchain at this specific snapshot. It means that if the user acquires required tokens after the proposal has been created, they will not be taken into account for their voting power calculation.
- There is a character limit of 20,000 for the description of a proposal.
- One address can have a maximum of 10 active proposals at a time, across multiple spaces.
- Each space has a limit on the number of proposals created daily and monthly: