Create a proposal
Learn what a proposal is and how to create one.
Proposal is the key element of the voting system. It presents a change suggestion related to a specific organization and enables eligible users to cast their vote.
A specific voting system (single choice, weighted, quadratic, and others) can be selected individually for each proposal.
Voting power for each user is calculated on the basis of the voting strategies selected in the space settings.
Space controller, admins, authors and users who are eligible according to the proposal validation strategies defined in the space settings.
- 1.Head to the space which you wish to create your proposal for.
- 2.Connect with the wallet provider - make sure the connected wallet is where you hold the tokens relevant to the specific space.
New proposalin space sidebar:
- 4.Fill in the following fields: - Title - Description (optional) - Discussion link (optional)
- 5.Select the desired voting system, specify the possible vote options and define the duration of your proposal. Make sure you allow enough time for users to vote.
Publish- and that's it! You can see your proposal in the proposals list on the space page.
When you create a proposal by default the snapshot block number will be populated with the latest block synced from our node.
The voting power of each user will be calculated for the state of the blockchain at this specific snapshot. It means that if user acquires required tokens after the proposal has been created, they will not be taken into account for their voting power calculation.
- There is a character limit of 6400 for the description of a proposal.