Combine Safe with Snapshot using oSnap.
“oSnap” is short for Optimistic Snapshot Execution. oSnap lets DAOs propose transactions, do an off-chain governance vote, and have the transaction data submitted in a trustless fashion.
Setting up the oSnap module:
- Create a Safe and Snapshot Space, or connect to your current accounts.
- Go to Safe Apps, install the Zodiac app, and install the oSnap module through Zodiac.
- Set the proposal bond, challenge period, and Snapshot Space.
- Link the oSnap module to your Snapshot Space with SafeSnap.
- Your oSnap module address is added to the SafeSnap plugin configuration to enforce the results of proposals on-chain.
Using oSnap with Snapshot:
- Create a proposal and Snapshot vote, along with the transactions to execute if the proposal passes.
- Invite the community to vote on the proposal.
- Once the Snapshot voting period ends, anyone can propose the transactions by posting a bond.
- After the challenge period, execute the transactions on-chain through the Snapshot interface.
Video tutorial on how to deploy and use an oSnap module:
Follow the oSnap documentation on how to set up an oSnap module for your project.
Deployment tutorial using the Zodiac module:
Snapshot tutorial to configure and execute transactions with Snapshot proposals:
An overview on verifying and disputing proposed transactions:
Updating the oSnap using admin functions:
In order to ensure maximal safety we recommend to define several paremeters for your oSnap setup:
- Set a substantial bond for an answer
- Select a long challenge period
- Set up a monitoring infrastructure for proposed transactions
Learn more about oSnap here: