Create a space
This page guides you step by step through the process of creating a space for your organization.
Tap the plus
+button in the left sidebar to create a new space.
If the above condition is met, your ENS name will appear. To confirm it's correct, click on it.
Space controller is the main account that will be able to manage the space settings and assign other addresses as admins of the space. By default it's set as the ENS Controller address however you can change it to another address.
Set the ENS text-record to determine the space controller
To complete the profile of your space you have to enter a name for your DAO (mandatory) and can add further optional information like a description, avatar, categories describing the field that your DAO is operating in and more.
You can add or update this information after you have finished creating the space.
Your space can combine up to 8 voting strategies which will be responsible for calculating the users' voting power. The setting affects all proposals that will be created for that space.
For the initial setup you have to choose one of the three following strategy types to then specify the strategy details:
Let's have a look at each of the possible options and see how you can specify the strategy details.
Voting power is weighted by the amount of the token held by the user. The token can be an ERC-20, ERC-721 or ERC-1155 token standard.
- 1.Select your token network
- 2.Select your token standard
- 3.Enter your token contract address
This option can be used in two different ways:
- Whitelist voting lets you specify a list of addresses that will be able to vote
- Ticket voting will let any wallet vote (option used mostly for testing purposes)
If you feel ready to dive deeper into the custom setup here are a few hints that you may find useful:
- You can select up to 8 different strategies. Voting power is cumulative.
- Network can be selected individually for each strategy. This way you can leverage multi-chain voting power calculation.
- It is possible to set a different symbol for each strategy. They will be displayed on the proposal page.
Admins will be able to edit the space settings and moderate proposals.
Authors will be able to create proposals without any constraints like proposal validation. Make sure that members specified in authors field are allowed to submit a proposal.