Create a proposal
Learn how to create a proposal.
A proposal has a content that describes the issue of a vote. It also has a voting system that determines how voters can select choices and how its results will be calculated.
- Go to a project space and tap on the "Connect wallet" button in the top right corner.
- Connect with the wallet provider where you hold relevant tokens and tap on “New proposal.”
- Fill out the Title, Description (optional,) and Discussion (optional) link of your proposal.
- Enter the start date and end date of your proposal to determine the proposal voting period. Make sure you allow enough time for voting.
- Tap on “Publish” and your proposal is created!
When you create a proposal, by default the "snapshot block number" will be populated with the latest block sync from our node.
Depending on the settings of the space, either everyone holding a sufficient amount of tokens can vote or only members holding a sufficient amount of tokens can submit a proposal.
- There is a character limit of 6400 for the description of a proposal.
- Strategies are limited to 8. You should also respect this limitation when you use the multichain strategy.